Friday, January 1, 2016

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Did I ever mention that beef stroganoff is my FAVORITE MEAL OF ALL TIME? Well, it is. I love egg noodles and Worcestershire sauce and beef nuggets and sour cream and just everything about it!

Recently, I've been experimenting with my Crockpot. I've always had the idea that only people like Mama June use Crockpots. However, that could not be further from the truth. You can actually cook straight-up gourmet dishes using a Crockpot!

I had an incredibly long day at work today, so naturally it felt like a Crockpot night. I came up with this easy recipe for beef stroganoff, my all-time favorite comfort food. Making it in the Crockpot turned out to be SO much easier than the traditional way.

Try this recipe out for yourself and let me know what you think! Either leave a comment or shoot me an email at samskitchenpage@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff Recipe


Ingredients:

  • 1 package of beef stew meat (1 lb)
  • 1 package of mushrooms
  • 1 large onion
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 8 oz package of cream cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 tablespoon thyme
  • 1 tablespoon parsley
  • 1 package egg noodles
  • 1 tablespoon garlic salt
  • Ground black pepper, to taste
  • Kosher salt, to taste
Instructions:
  1. Add olive oil to large frying pan.  Turn heat on low.
  2. Chop onion. Add onions and beef stew meat to the frying pan.

  3. Season with garlic salt, salt and pepper.
  4. Cook until meat is browned--but not cooked completely. 
  5. Put beef and onion mixture into crock pot when done.
  6. Mix mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, cream cheese, mushrooms, sour cream and milk. Stir well.
  7. Add sauce mixture to crock pot.
  8. Stir beef/onion mix with sauce mixture until well blended. Add thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. 
  9.  Put the lid of the crockpot on, and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
  10. About fifteen minutes before finished, boil water and cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain noodles. Add butter and/or salt if desired.
  11. Now you can either stir the noodles into the crock pot, or serve the noodles and then add the beef stroganoff on top of them. I personally prefer the latter.
  12. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment