Sunday, January 17, 2016

Shrimp, Mushroom and Broccoli Fettucine Alfredo



So after I made the previous recipe (beef tenderloin with shrimp), I had lots of extra shrimp. I came up with this recipe which was exactly what I was craving that day. Try it out and let me know what you think! Side note: I did not have fettucine on hand, so I made this with linguine. I suggest using fettucine though for a more authentic taste.

Ingredients:

*1 package fettucine
*1 stick butter
*1 cup sliced mushrooms
*1/2 pound cooked shrimp
*1 tablespoon ground pepper
*1 teaspoon kosher salt
*2 cloves garlic (minced)
*2 cups broccoli
*1/2 pint heavy cream
*1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*2 tablespoons flour
*1 teaspoon paprika

Instructions:
  1. Prepare fettucine according to package instructions
  2. Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-low heat
  3. Add mushrooms, broccoli and garlic to skillet.  Saute until browned
  4. Add flour and coat broccoli and mushrooms
  5. Slowly stir in cream to mixture
  6. Add salt, pepper, paprika and parmesan cheese
  7. Add shrimp to mixture and simmer for about 15 minutes.
  8. Add noodles to mixture and serve. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment